Thursday, February 16, 2012

Change Your OIL after at most your first 100 Miles!



Let it be known that I waited until my first 200 miles to change my oil besides the original first oil change when I first unpacked my scooter.  I thought there was no way it could get dirty that fast and I did not want to waste any oil by changing it early.  Well when I did drop the oil it has lots of metallic flakes from the breaking in of the new engine.  Much more than I had expected, this did not hurt my engine but I really would not have liked running that long with the metallic flakes in the oil possibly causing extra ware on my internal parts.
Place Scooter on center Kick Stand and Remove the Oil Drain Plug


Here is the Oil Level stick and Fill Hole
Here is the Oil Filter it is a mesh metal filter that fits inside the spring which sits inside the Screw

So if I was going to buy a new scooter again for the first time I would likely change the oil for the second time at maybe around 25 miles and then again at 200.  The sticker that will come on your Roketa scooter will tell you to drop the oil after the first 185 miles I thought well an extra 15 is no big deal.  And my scooter is still running very strong but like I said if I was doing this for the first time again I would have changed it as stated earlier.

So what might you expect after your first 200 miles on your new scooter?  Well I can only speak for myself but I drive it every time I see no rain no matter what the temperature I still love riding it like the first day I bought it. Money well spent so far I will update you again on the eagerness to ride it after 500 and 1000 miles.  So far so good no problems only smooth riding top speed so far 60 mph I have no idea what it would do if I opened it up.  I have only had it about half way opened up and get 60 miles an hour but I weigh 137 and stand around 5'5" so there is not much resistance.
Good luck to any fellow Roketa scooter riders out there and Please leave me a comment!  I don't like thinking I'm typing all this for only my eyes!

Thanks 
 
R.S.M

2 comments:

  1. I just ordered the same scooter on 06/16/2012 and while trying to get some information and found your blog. Thanks to you I plan on changing my oil after my first ride and then again after my first 200 miles. Keep the posts coming as I would like to know more about your experiences as time goes by. If you are interested let me know how I could contact you so we could go into better detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if you ever check back to see if I replied to your comment but I actually just did not see it until now! So sorry about not getting back with you sooner. I wish you the best of luck on your new scooter purchase I hope you have the same amount of luck that I have had! Keep me posted on how it goes if you have any questions let me know chances are I might have come across the same issues.
    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete