Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My New MCR-46Y Roketa Scooter


Hello, and welcome to my Roketa Scooter blog.  I received my Roketa Scooter the MCR-46Y model from www.powerrideoutlet.com I have no affiliation with this company it just happens to be where I made my purchase.  I received my 150cc scooter on January 24th, 2012 it came from well I have no idea of the exact address but I know it came from CA.  I was more than a little nervous ordering a $1,259.00 Chinese Scooter over the Internet!  However it arrived in what I would consider outstanding condition.  It was shrink wrapped in plastic and wire tied to a metal cage, the cage was covered in a cardboard box and the scooter arrived without a scratch.
 
Above is my Scooter after 230 miles on her.
     Soon I will be uploading a video of me looking it over still in the container in which it was shipped.  The truck that brought it to my garage had a left gate which lowered the 300+ pound package to the ground.  If anyone is considering ordering one of these have two persons to help you unpack your new scooter!  There are many wires to untwist and several nuts and bolts to break free to get the cage away from the scooter as this is happening the scooter is trying to fall.  With someone to help hold it there is no problem without someone it might be more of a situation to get this done possible I'm sure but harder then it would need to be.
     I went by the online directions and drained the oil and gear oil from the scooter into a pan.  I replaced the oil with a Pennzoil 14W40 oil which is what the owners manuel calls for.  I then put Lucas 80w90 gear oil in the gear box and got the battery acid drained from the plastic package into the battery.  This is easy and within 30min the battery is charged on it's own and ready to start the scooter for the first time.  I checked all of the outside visible bolts and found them all to be tight, no bolts were loose.  I also found the oils that came out of the scooter to be clean and what I would consider to be good heavy weight oils.
     I placed the mirrors on the scooter remember if you do this to screw the nut on the mirror all of the way to the top of the mirror then screw the mirror stud all of the way into the hole on the handle bar then tighten the top nut to hold the mirror into place.  The plastic box that fits under the seat is very easy to install this will hold the battery and I put my lunch in it every day to commute to work.  The only trouble I would say I had was in placing the windshield into place and putting the clips and screws into place it did not want to hold into place.  I went down the street to my local auto parts store and bought some more clips and a slightly longer screw this worked perfectly!


     Scooter takes minimal time to assemble and I would rate the quality as 8 or 9 out of 10 it looks great and seems to be well built.  Keep in mind I do not sell these scooters I just bought one and am wanting to share my experience so far in case someone else is considering a purchase like I was.  It is now February 7th, 2012 in Kentucky!  If you are not from Kentucky it is cold here in February though this February has been the warmest I've seen in a long time it is still around 35 degrees F on my ride home at 11:30 PM I work second shift and use this gas saver to put more of my money in the bank and less in the hands of the Big Oil giants!
Gloves, and Helmet came from LeatherUp.com Neck warmer came from Walmart

     My father keeps asking me when the new will wear off!  I ride it whenever it is not raining no matter what the temp is outside.  One I use lots of layers to cover up, second I use leather gloves on my hands and a helmet on my head with a hat like piece of clothing but there is no top to the hat I'm not sure what it is called I got it at WalMart it covers my neck and is a soft warm material.  I wear only jeans and tennis shoes on my legs and feet.  This is a scooter so the wind is broken around my legs and feet and the windshield diverts the air to the top of my helmet which is away from my body so the ride is actually not cold at all but yes it does get cool going home.  I rate the FUN factor of the scooter as a 10 of 10 it is a blast to ride around on!  I'm not going to say what my MPG is yet as I have only ran it 98 miles but it appeared to use little more than one gallon!  I rode the first 98 miles for around $3.80 OMG!  Also keep in mind I only weigh around 135 and stand under 5'8" so not much drag for the bike.


   If you are wondering why I rated it 8 to 9 out of 10 instead of 10 of 10 it would be because the fuel gauge is not working correctly I believe it to be out of adjustment and I have just not had the time to try and fix it.  The gauge shows empty when I still have half a tank left.  No big deal really and even if the entire gauge had to be replaced it's only $15.00 bucks online.  Parts for these scooters are CHEEP! I found a web site called www.roketapartsonline.com which has every part for the scooters at what appears to be a very reasonable price.
Video and Pics to come soon!!

4 comments:

  1. Just received my Roketa MC 46 150. I am having problems starting it. New fuse, new battery. I also don't understand why the battery goes where it does. Starting is a crap shoot; but once started, great ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your article; it is very informative and helpful for me. I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it. Best Knee Scooters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Article it its really informative and innovative keep us posted with new updates. its was really valuable. thanks a lot. Best Knee Scooters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some truly wonderful work on behalf of the owner of this internet site , perfectly great articles . scooter

    ReplyDelete