Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Why a Roketa Scooter?


Well that's pretty simple I liked the price and look of the Roketa MCR-46Y.  I wanted a brand new Scooter I want to be the first to start it and know that I have taken care of it so that it will get me from one point to another with no problems.  So far it has done just that I know have 135 miles on it and will be posting about my experience from one month to the next and I'll be certain to post any problems or information that might help someone on this blog.  I run only 93 octane in my scooter which is what the owners manual calls for.  When I called around other dealerships looking for a scooter in my home town I was told a Honda scooter of 150cc's would run me $4,500 and it was used.  I looked at different brands but all were around $4,000 to $5,000 and up I thought man I could buy a used car for that!  So what do I have for $1,259.00 shipped to my door well so far I have a very nice product.  Though there is much thought on how to break in a new engine the owners manual calls for speeds under 20 mph for the first 1,200 miles.  I don't know about you but I can't run that slow to work!  I would be killed if I pulled out running that slow.  At the same time I don't want to "drive it like I stole it" so I settled for something in between.  For the first say 30 miles I went under 30 then I creep-ed up to 45 mph then slowly up to 50 - 55 mph and not for long at that speed.  I usually keep it under 45 mph.  The engine is very strong it pulls me up hills with no effort at all and the ride is very enjoyable.  I still need to adjust the shocks they are set to high and I need to adjust them to a middle position for a more soft support on the rear shocks.  The tires also came with about 55 psi and should be let down to 32 psi before your first ride!  

There is ample room under the seat for storage of my work bag consisting of my daily lunch and other stuff I keep in a Kroger plastic bag for work each day.  It comes with a nice luggage carrier but it takes a little longer to open and close so I just keep my rain gear in it just in case I get caught at work and a storm were to blow in. 
I have no idea how fast it will go 60 mph is all I am expecting but so far I am no where near WOT (wide open throttle) I'm only around say half way and reach 55 mph so what will the rest of the throttle bring me I have no idea will post as I find out but not until I hit at least 1,200 miles or so with oil change at 185, 300, 600, 1000 miles to start then I will change it every 500 or so.  It only holds a quart of oil with each change so it's not expensive to change it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment