Friday, February 24, 2012

Lets Look at a Gear Oil Change

The Gear Oil Change is as important as the oil change, though it is my experience that the gear oil should be dropped as soon as you buy it.  Replace the original gear oil with Lucas 80w 90 GL5 Gear Oil and never look back it is really good stuff.  I have replaced it the second time after 200 miles and the gear oil still looked like new.  This tells me that I should be able to get around 800 miles between changes.  Then I'll change it every 1,000 miles or at every oil change interval.

To change the Gear oil loosen the bottom bolt located in this picture to drain the old oil out if you also loosen the other top bolt it will drain a lot faster.  After the old oil has been removed replace the bottom bolt and squirt the new gear oil into the top screw hole until it begins coming back out of the hole.  Once the oil starts running back out of the hole this indicates the gear oil compartment is full.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I read the whole blog. It's really useful for me to know about this information.
    Thanks for the useful post!

    Gear Oil

    ReplyDelete