Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I had a great ride today!

So it's been over a year since I first purchased my Roketa Scooter and I'm happy to report that I'm still riding it with no issues at all right now.  Actually besides a fuse and a valve adjustment I really haven't had any issues period.  The tires are holding up well and still look new, the paint is not faded even slightly though it is garage kept.  The seat still looks new no tears to the leather or sagging in the foam.  And after a recent valve adjustment it is actually running better than it did on day one.  Opening up the valves really seems to have given it a lot more pep though I don't run it hard so maybe it's all in my head! lol

And I'm proud to say I finally know what I want to take back and forth to work and around town!  You see I can truly say I have tried everything.  I tried the bicycle which though was the healthiest and cheapest almost got me killed.  I still cycle just not at night and not everyday this greatly lessons the chances of being run over.  I then tried an older Tomos 50cc moped this was no fun at all.  The two stroke engine though sounding really cool had very little power and topped out around 35mph maybe 40mph on a good down hill but then only 20 up hill.  This was an issue because riding with traffic is dangerous when cars or trucks are riding your butt wanting to pass but can't so they just look ready to run me down if I don't offer to pull off to the side of the road, this was no fun for me or the other drivers.  Not to mention they get really good gas mileage BUT you also have to add two stroke oil to every gallon which increases your cost per gallon!  A motorcycle was to expensive on taxes, initial cost, and maintenance cost this put me right in line for a scooter!  It is fast enough to reach highway speeds in no time with the CVT transmission.  Has plenty of storage for gym cloths or work related items even the occasional small grocery run on the way home!  And still gets around 70 miles to the gallon driving it moderately fast. 

I just had to pay property taxes on my scooter today a Kentucky thing but I think other states charge a property tax as well.  I told the PVA I paid around $1,000 for it new and she knocked off 10% since it's a year old my evaluation came in at $900.00 taxes on this per year came in at $13.89 not bad at all!!  With insurance at around $100.00 per year this is one easy way to transport myself around town and to work for close to nothing!  Then I went to fill it up not sure how low I was but I wanted some fresh gas in the tank and my total came to $2.18!  I was like YES I'm back on my scooter!  Hell YEAH.

Peace to you this evening
I hope your finding new and enjoyable ways to save money and out smart "the man".

Roketa Scooter Man

No comments:

Post a Comment