Friday, May 17, 2013

So who exactly is Roketa Scooter Man?



To fully define oneself I think it's important to list who I am not.  I am not concerned with the color of ones skin to me we are all humans and I love as much diversity as possible.  Also I have no concern what someone's sexual orientation might be it is one's own right to love whoever one chooses.  I find the most interesting thing to look at in the mall while shopping with my wife is "people" you see we come in so many different shapes and sizes colors and ages that each and everyone of us is truly unique.  Yet no matter what each of our views on life may be we are all someone's son or daughter and in this common human factor we should be able to someday unite and be one social network of interconnected peaceful humans.  In doing this unifying act we will spend more time helping each other and solving problems affecting our species as well as the world rather than wasting time and energy fighting amongst ourselves. 

I am money conscience not a money hoarder.  Having been employed since I was 12 I for one can say I know the value of a dollar.  And nothing irks me more than spending my hard earned dollars on things that either hold little to no value or things that I believe are unnecessary.  An example would be a huge truck, in that not only would I be out the initial cost of the truck, taxes and insurance but also the constant fuel expenses.  Another thing would be a T.V in my bed room I really don't like watching T.V much anyway but can stand one in the living room and in the kids bed rooms but I never plan on putting one in my bed room would be a total unnecessary item to me.  I don't like any debt but a mortgage anything else better be a medical expense because if I can't afford it with money I have already earned then I don't need it.

I'm a bona-fide health nut!  I don't know about you but my family plan insurance policy eats up my check like it's shredding paper!  So I really can't afford unhealthy habits like smoking, drinking, junk food ext.  Sure I eat my fair share of sweets but I stay within my BMI as close as possible, exercise six days a week, walk everyday, and still do lots of yard work when the weather is warm.  I love feeling good and eating right, taking multi vitamins, and staying away from known hazards appears to be keeping me feeling pain free everyday.  I start my day off with good o'll black coffee mixed with a small amount of raw coco and a touch of raw cinnamon this amount is usually around half a pot of coffee.  Next it's Greek yogurt around 10:30 it's loaded with protein and little to no fat sprinkle some Nature's Path flax seed granola on top for a 200 calorie brunch. Then I eat some leftover pasta, or salad basically whatever home made food I can find from the day before in a small portion for lunch.  While at work (second shift) I bring a snack usually pumpkin bread home made of course to hold me over until super which is another salad with fish on top or some source of  protein like nuts of any kind.  But on most days I skip supper or just eat half because I drink a protein shake instead after my workout.  What's in the shake well one huge scoop of ESA amino acids, two huge scoops of protein from Kroger not sure on the brand, two cups of coconut milk, one small container of Naked coconut water, several handfuls of spinach, then I top it off with blue berries and black berries or strawberries which ever I happen to have and two bananas.  One blender of this will last me two and a half almost three days. 
 I don't eat, hot dogs, hamburgers, bacon, pork, deli meats, stake almost all meats I do however eat fish and eggs, cheese just no red meat, pork, chicken ect.

Some day if I live long enough I'd really like to see the world.  Since I know this would normally be really expensive I'd like to see it via sailing around the world!  Much like Joshua Slocum did in years long since past I'd love to stay fit enough to sail from country to country living off of my boat as a main base then biking through the countryside seeing all of the vast wonders and natural sites that particular country has to offer.  Of course this means sailing lessons are in my far off future as well as someday having the money to buy a sailboat!  But these are all reasons why I live the life I do today in the here and now.  I eat right and exercise to stay in shape for future hiking and traveling tours I save money now to have that money to chase my dreams at some distant future I hope is actually obtainable!  So I'd never compromise my health today not knowing if I might really need this body to fulfill my distant gypsy soul desires down some beaten path tomorrow.  Nor do I wish to spend everything I make today not knowing if I might actually find the money to make my dreams a reality in the future.

I love growing what I eat thou admit-tingly I'm just now really getting into this!  I have started an orchard, next week I should have my garden in and I am currently foraging for wild plants everyday.  So in around 5 to 10 years I plan to have this part of my life down to a science being that 90% or so of my plants and fruit in the summer season comes from my own back yard.  I might get into canning for the winter months but have to continue to take baby steps in the right direction.

There you have it just a little bit about me personally wither that fits what you might have been thinking already or not I can't help but it's really just who I am.

Thanks for reading

Roketa Scooter Man  


No comments:

Post a Comment