Monday, May 20, 2013

I just can't imagine anything less than 150 cc's!

I mean I am a minimalist but if your going to be hauling another rider or work related items and using a scooter as your daily driver on country roads at least for me 150cc engine is a must!  I just can't get enough horse power out of a 50cc to even make it worth while driving it and up hills are crazy slow.  My 150cc engine handles the up hills the down hills and the extra passenger loads with no trouble at all.  And the gas mileage is so close between the two engines, so why constantly run a little 50cc engine to death when you could opt for a 150 and run it half throttle this way your still getting good mileage but will have the power there if you should need it. But I can see a city driver in a flat area usually with only one person to haul only needing the 50cc scooter.  So I suppose this recommendation would only include country road drivers or drivers in heavy traffic.  Because at least where I live everyone is in a hurry and when they ride your rear like they plan to run you down it is not a fun drive to work!  On my 150cc I can speed up a little and the cars seem to be more considerate of me being on the road than if I'm on my bike or an older 50cc moped. 


Happy scootering

Roketa Scooter Man 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. It was exactly what I needed today!We are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products, best selections, the most affordable & competitive prices with excellent customer care and after sale services in the industry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. It Florida you have to have a motorcycle endorsement on your drivers license for anything above 50cc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey..it's been awhile since you last blog...is the scooter still around?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey..it's been awhile since you last blog...is the scooter still around?

    ReplyDelete